10 in stock
Feel free to share
** INTERMEDIATE **
This project is perfect if you have some experience in silk shading (long & short stitch) and would like to stitch something a little more challenging.
The large tulip and wreath of forget-me-nots are embroidered onto a sky blue linen/cotton blend fabric using 13 shades of fine stranded silks.
The tulip, buds and leaves are embroidered mostly in silk shading (long & short stitch) and is surrounded by a heart-shaped wreath of satin stitch forget-me-nots.
MAY was largely inspired by an embroidered screen panel designed by May Morris for a wealthy family living in Adelaide, South Australia.
I hope you will enjoy stitching your MAY as much as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
THE PATTERN INCLUDES:
* Detailed, step by step instructions and diagrams
* Full Size Embroidery Design
* Thread list for Au ver a Soie stranded silk and DMC stranded cotton
* Colour diagrams and close-up photographs.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 35cm (14”) square of sky blue medium weight linen/cotton
* 35cm (14”) square of calico for backing
* nos. 9 & 7 crewel (embroidery) needles
* 13 shades of Au ver a Soie, stranded silk OR DMC stranded cotton
* Fine sharp Embroidery scissors
French knot | Long & Short stitch | Padded satin stitch | Pistil stitch | Satin stitch | Split stitch | Stem stitch
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.