Out of stock
Feel free to share
The Partridge in a Pear ornament is a good project if you are comfortable with general embroidery stitches and a little experience with Raised Embroidery.
This Partridge in a Pear ornament is a smaller version of my ‘First Day’ published in issue of 67 of Inspirations magazine. I think most of us associate the Partridge in a Pear Tree with the festive season, but this little pear shaped ornament is pretty enough to leave hanging around all year.
Partridge in a Pear is embroidered with stranded silk threads onto a ground of pale blue-grey silk fabric. The body of the partridge is embroidered as a separate piece, or slip, before being stitched in place over layers of felt padding. The slightly raised wing is created as a piece of needle-lace, then stitched in place over the top. The plump pear, ripe for the picking is also padded with felt and a simple wired leaf creates the final touch on this small piece of raised embroidery.
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Partridge in a Pear as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Pale blue-grey silk dupion
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* 2 pieces of cotton homespun
* 2 pieces of wool felt
* Beading wire
* 13 stranded silks
* 2 skeins of stranded cotton
* 1 fine metallic thread
* Perlé cotton
* Beading wire
* Glass seed beads
* 5 needles
* Adhesive plastic film & Card for the needle lace
* Wadding & Card templates for making up the ornament
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 15cm (6″) embroidery hoop (both rings bound)
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Weight or small clamp. (To hold your hoop or frame allowing you both hands free)
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor for cutting fine wire)
* Sharp HB lead pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper & Tape
Recommended, but not essential:
Stitches Used: beading | blanket stitch | bullion knot | chain stitch | colonial knot | corded detached blanket stitch | cordonnet | couching | detached chain | overcast stitch | raised stem stitch | satin stitch | split stitch | stem stitch |straight stitch padding
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.