10 in stock
Feel free to share
The Happy Holly Christmas decoration is a small, Beginner Friendly project if you have not tried raised embroidery before.
The Christmas ornament with a little sprig of Happy Holly is one in a set of two designs inspired by a gorgeous Liberty Christmas print cotton. You may also like the matching Merry Mistletoe.
The design is embroidered with stranded silk threads onto a ground of pale blue-grey silk fabric, using a limited variety of common embroidery stitches. Detached leaves with wired center veins and the cheerful red berries add dimension to the design. Fine metallic thread and crystal beads add sparkle and highlights.
The Happy Holly ornament hangs from a simple twisted cord loop and is backed with the Liberty print cotton that inspired the design. A sparkly glass bead edge and pretty silk ribbon bow adds festive highlights to the ornament.
The detailed, fully illustrated instructions will help guide you step by step through the project.
* Detailed, step by step instructions and diagrams
* Full size pattern and templates
YOU WILL NEED:
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* Pale blue-grey silk dupion (cotton homespun can also be used)
* Print cotton for the back
* Ivory homespun for backing the main fabric and detached leaves
* 7 stranded silk threads (stranded cotton can also be used)
* 2 fine metallic threads
* Stranded cotton for the hanging loop
* Silk ribbon
* Pebble Beads & Seed beads
* Beading wire
* Needles: No. 9 crewel, No. 10 sharp, No. 10 beading, No. 28 tapestry, No. 18 chenille
* Wadding & Card for making up the ornament
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Cream or ivory sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor for cutting fine wire)
* Sharp HB lead pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
Recommended, but not essential:
Beaded knotted pearl stitch | blanket stitch | couching | overcast stitch | satin stitch | split back stitch | stem stitch | straight stitch | whipped chain stitch
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.