Out of stock
Feel free to share
Persian Bounty is a good project if you are comfortable with general embroidery stitches and have a little experience with Raised Embroidery.
I was inspired by traditional Elizabethan embroidery designs for this piece of Raised Embroidery of plump, ripe pomegranates, split open with ruby red seeds spilling out. A delicate dragonfly is dancing among branches, while a tiny caterpillar counts her way along the stem.
Persian Bounty is embroidered onto mushroom silk fabric using stranded silks, fine metallic threads and glass beads. The pomegranates are embroidered separately, before being stitched in place over layers of felt padding and filled to the brim with ruby-red glass beads. Detached, wired leaves and needle-woven picot petals add dimension to the flowers & foliage. The dragonfly’s delicate wings are stitched onto shimmery organza with fine gold thread and fine gilt wire form the glittering body.
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Persian Bounty as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Mushroom silk dupion with the embroidery design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* 2 pieces of cotton homespun
* Organza and crystal organdy
* Wool felt
* 1 shaded stranded silks
* 14 stranded silk threads
* Fine metallic thread
* Gilt pearl purl
* Fine machine embroidery thread
* Beading wire
* Glass seed beads
* Beading wire
* 6 needles
* Fusible applique paper
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 25cm (10″) embroidery hoop (both rings bound)
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Hoop stand, Weight or small clamp (To hold your hoop allowing you both hands free)
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor) for cutting fine wire
* Tweezers (or small flat nosed jewelry pliers) for shaping wire
* Sharp HB lead pencil (eg mechanical pencil)
* Baking (or tracing) paper
Recommended, but not essential:
Stitches Used: beading | blanket stitch | chain stitch | couching | detached chain | fly stitch | ladder stitch | long & short stitch | needlewoven picot | padded satin stitch | overcast stitch | satin stitch | split back stitch | split stitch | stem stitch | straight stitch | whipping |
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.