The embroidery design measures 7cm (2 3/4”) square.
Out of stock
Please share if you like it
Goldwork, Or Nué
** LEVEL 2 **
Queen Beeis an ideal project if you are familiar with the basics of Or Nué and are looking to further develop your skills.
Or Nué is a fascinating metal thread embroidery technique, where the metal threads are couched in place with fine, coloured silks to create motifs and patterns over the gold.
Queen Bee is embroidered by placing the fine gold passing thread back and forth in close rows to fill the hexagon shape. Coloured floss silks are used for the couching to carefully create the image of the bee and the honeycomb, adjusting the spacing of the couching stitches to vary the density of colour over the gold. The background honeycomb pattern is continued onto a background, worked in satin stitch blocks using stranded silk.
Queen Bee looks lovely simply framed, but is also perfect for a box lid, paperweight or made into a small purse or bag.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Queen Bee as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Medium weight, ivory Italian linen with the embroidery design marked, ready to stitch
* Stranded silk
* 5 Fine floss silks
* Gilt smooth passing thread
* Needle pack
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 15cm (6”) good quality embroidery hoop – both rings bound
* Weight or small clamp – to hold your hoop or frame