3 in stock
Feel free to share
The Mother Hen Needle Book is an ideal first project if you have no prior experience with raised embroidery. I do recommend that you have a bit of experience with general embroidery stitches and are comfortable stitching with fine threads.
Mother Hen Needle book featuring four cute little chickens are resting with their Mother Hen & Periwinkle was designed as an introduction to Raised Embroidery. The needle book has a delicate beaded edge; practical wool felt pages and closes with a simple press stud. I created the Mother Hen Needle book as a smaller, simpler version of the Mother Hen & Periwinkle design for those who would like just a small, manageable introduction to Raised Embroidery. Since I wanted to make a needle book, rather than a framed piece, I had to choose Raised Embroidery techniques that are a little more durable.
Mother Hen is embroidered onto light olive green print cotton fabric with stranded silk threads, using mostly common embroidery stitches. Layers of felt are used to create the hen’s plump body, and her head and wing are embroidered separately before being attached to the main embroidery. Needle-woven picots form the petals of the large flower bud
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Mother Hen Needle Book as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Light olive green print cotton with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* Cotton homespun
* Wool felt
* 14 stranded silk threads
* 3 stranded cotton threads
* Glass seed beads
* 5 needles
* Beading wire
* Press stud
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 15cm (6″) embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Light olive green sewing thread
* Sharp HB pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper
* Glue stick & Tacky glue
Highly recommended, but not essential:
* Hoop strand, weight or small clamp (To hold your hoop, allowing you both hands free)
STITCHES USED: beading | blanket stitch | blanket stitch wheel | bullion knot | chain stitch | detached chain | fly stitch | French knot | long & short blanket stitch | long & short stitch | knotted pearl stitch | lattice couching | needlewoven picot | padded satin stitch | satin stitch | split back stitch | split stitch | stem stitch | whipping
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.