Mother Hen & Periwinkle is an ideal project if you are comfortable with general embroidery stitches and have a little experience with Raised Embroidery.
This gentle Mother Hen is resting with her brood of four tiny chickens in a bed of cheerful, flowering periwinkle.
Mother Hen & Periwinkle is embroidered onto light olive green print cotton fabric with stranded silk threads, using mostly common embroidery stitches and simple raised embroidery techniques. Layers of felt are used to create the hen’s plump body and her head and wing are embroidered separately before being attached to the main embroidery. The detached periwinkle flowers are stitched in place with a seed beads at the centers and the two buds are stitched with needle-woven picots. Detached leaves with wired edges complete the periwinkle vine
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Mother Hen & Periwinkle as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Light olive green print cotton with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* 2 pieces of cotton homespun
* Wool felt
* 16 stranded silk threads
* 2 stranded cotton threads
* Glass seed beads
* 5 needles
* Beading wire
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 20cm (8″) embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* Hoop stand, Weight or small clamp (To hold your hoop, allowing you both hands free)
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor for cutting fine wire)
* Sharp HB pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper
Highly recommended, but not essential:
* Tweezers or small pliers for shaping wire
STITCHES USED: beading | blanket stitch | blanket stitch wheel | bullion knot | chain stitch | couching | detached chain | fly stitch | French knot | long & short blanket stitch | long & short stitch | lattice couching | needlewoven picot | padded satin stitch | satin stitch | split back stitch | split stitch | stem stitch | whipping
We will send you an email from time to time with News & Updates.
Subscribe for updates on free resources, news on upcoming classes, and discounts.