Out of stock
Feel free to share
Strawberry Feast is an ideal project if you are comfortable with general embroidery stitches and have a little experience with Raised Embroidery.
Strawberry Feast was inspired by an antique botanical print of a wild strawberry plant. Strawberry plants will flower and bear fruit at the same time making them a fabulous subject for decorative embroidery. A cheeky snail is slowly making her way up the plant for a taste of the plump ripe berries, while a hungry bee is drawn to the scent of the delicate strawberry flowers.
Similar in size and stitched onto the same fabric, Strawberry Feast make a nice companion to Toadstools & Brambles.
Strawberry Feast is embroidered with silk threads using mostly common embroidery stitches onto natural coloured linen-cotton fabric. Layers of felt is used to pad the plump strawberries. The berries are covered with laidwork and have woven picot sepals. The dainty flowers are semi-detached with fluffy Ghiordes knot centers and detached, wired leaves add dimension to the foliage.
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Strawberry Feast as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Natural linen/cotton fabric with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* 2 pieces of cotton homespun
* Wool felt
* 14 stranded silk threads
* 1 shaded stranded silk thread
* 2 stranded cotton threads
* Perlé cotton
* Ivory silk ribbon
* Black sewing thread
* Glass petite seed beads
* 5 needles
* Beading wire
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 22cm (9″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Weight or small clamp. – This is to hold your hoop or frame allowing you both hands free
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor for cutting fine wire)
* Sharp HB pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper & Tape
Highly recommended, but not essential:
Stitches Used: back stitch | beading | blanket stitch | chain stitch | couching | detached blanket stitch | detached chain | fishbone stitch | fly stitch | French knot | Ghiordes knot | needlewoven picot | overcast stitch | pistil stitch | satin stitch | split back stitch | stem stitch | straight stitch | straight stitch padding | surface satin stitch | trellis couching | whipping
We will send you a note about once a month with News & Updates.