The embroidery design measures 14cm x 6cm wide (5 1/2” x 2 3/8 ”).
1 in stock
Feel free to share
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Goldwork * LEVEL 1 *
Summers Glow is a good start if you have no prior experience with goldwork embroidery. However, some knowledge of general embroidery is an advantage.
I designed Summers Glow specifically as an introduction to goldwork embroidery. The elegant, rectangular tile is embroidered using a selection of basic metal thread techniques using a small variety of metal threads to create different effects and textures
The flower center is made from kid leather, in petals are embroidered in laid work and the large leaves at each side are filled with chipping for added sparkle. Coloured stranded silks, gold beads and spangles complete the design. The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Summers Glow as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Mushroom pink silk dupion with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilters muslin (backing fabric)
* Yellow wool felt
* 3 stranded silks
* 5 metallic threads
* Gold kid leather
* Gold spangles
* 3 needles
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 25cm (10″) good quality embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* Good quality beeswax
* Goldwork scissors OR old sharp pointed scissor (don’t ruin your good pair )