Sweet Honeysuckle is an ideal first project if you have no prior experience with Raised Embroidery. I do recommend that you have a bit of experience with general embroidery stitches and are comfortable stitching with fine threads.
Sweet Honeysuckle was inspired by Elizabethan flower motifs, tweaked with a touch of Art Nouveau to create a more flowering and organic design. The pink honeysuckle flowers are stitched in softly shaded silk threads with touches of yellow and metallic gold, onto a pale spring green silk fabric. A fluffy bumble bee with delicate organza wings is busily buzzing among the flowers.
Sweet Honeysuckle introduces you to some of the basic raised embroidery techniques such as felt padding, simple wired shapes and using needleweaving to create raised and semidetached elements. The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Sweet Honeysuckle as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size pattern & templates
* Pale spring green silk dupion
* Quilter’s muslin (backing fabric)
* Cotton homespun, organza & crystal organdie
* Wool felt & appliqué paper
* Beading wire
* Glass seed beads
* 10 stranded silks
* 3 metallic threads
* 2 miscellaneous threads
* 6 needles
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 15cm (6″) embroidery hoop (both rings bound)
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Curved tip scissors
* Small wire cutters (or old scissors for cutting wire – don’t ruin your good pair)
* Baking (or tracing) paper & tape
* Hoop stand or clamp (this work is so much easier if you have both hands free)
Helpful but not essential:
* Eyebrow comb or toothbrush
Stitches Used: Back stitch | Beading | Chain stitch | Couching | French knot | Ghiordes knot | Needle weaving | Overcast stitch | Padded satin stitch | Pistil stitch | Running stitch padding | Satin stitch | Split back stitch | Split stitch | Stem stitch | Whipping
We will send you an email from time to time with News & Updates.
Subscribe for updates on free resources, news on upcoming classes, and discounts.