Toadstools & Brambles is a good project if you are comfortable with general embroidery stitches and are new to, or have a little experience with Raised Embroidery.
A friendly spider hangs happily suspended from her web in this little panel depicting a forest floor of cheerful red toadstools and plump, juicy blackberries.
Toadstools & Brambles is embroidered with stranded silk threads using mostly common embroidery stitches onto a ground of natural linen-cotton fabric. Glass beads and the silvery spider web add a tiny bit of sparkle.
The design is created using a number of basic raised embroidery techniques to create the dimensional effects. The raised toadstool, blackberries and stems are created by a variety of padding techniques, and the detached leaves have wire edges. The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
I hope you will get as much pleasure embroidering your Toadstools & Brambles as I did.
Happy Stitching, Anna
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Natural linen-cotton fabric with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter’s muslin backing fabric
* 2 pieces of cotton homespun
* 2 pieces of wool felt
* Beading wire
* 15 stranded silks
* 1 shaded stranded silk threads
* 1 fine metallic thread
* Perlé cotton
* Beading wire
* Glass seed beads
* 5 needles
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
* 20cm (8″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* 10cm (4″) embroidery hoop (inner ring bound)
* Weight or small clamp. – This is to hold your hoop or frame allowing you both hands free
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Small pliers (or old scissor for cutting fine wire)
* Sharp HB pencil (a mechanical pencil it perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper & Tape
Recommended, but not essential:
Toadstools & Brambles was published in A-Z of Stumwork by Country Bumpkin (2005).
Stitches Used: Back stitch | Beading | Blanket stitch | Bullion knot | Chain stitch | Couching | Fly stitch | Long & Short stitch | Overcast stitch | Padded satin stitch | Split stitch | Stem stitch | Whipping
You can download the FREE Stitch Library HERE
We will send you an email from time to time with News & Updates.
Subscribe for updates on free resources, news on upcoming classes, and discounts.